- World Aquathlon Championships – 12th in Age Group – September 2010
- Barton Marina Sprint Triathlon – 2nd in Age Group – August 2010
- Rother Valley Sprint Triathlon – 8th in Age Group – June 2010
- Roade Triathlon Sept – 2nd in Age Group – 2009
- London Hyde Park Word Cup Series Race – 9th in Age Group – August 2009
- Blithfield Sprint Triathlon – 5th in age group - June 2009
View Melanie’s appearance on GMTV
Melanie’s Review of Orbana:
Taste: I liken it very much to the H3O. Its orange, rather than the lemon flavour of H30, but it’s not sickly sweet at all, very palatable, and no after taste, easy to drink. Very pleasant actually.
Effect on performance: The gym session on paper looked very tough. Personally, I felt a lot better than I thought I would. So it must have helped? The run session I thought would be impossible to complete to be honest (and so did my coach, he even gave me a ‘only do 10 then’ get out clause!) Not only did I do it, but I did a consistent good performance, and the pace was overall much better than I expected.
After effects: Later that evening I felt fine, and in fact, good, no aches at all, no visible signs of fatigue that I noticed. Trust me, each session HURT LOTS, so it’s not like I was slacking!! The following morning, muscle fatigue / DOMS but nothing that prevented me from further training
Would I use it again? Sure I would, I am very impressed actually!! I can’t wait to try it again! The signs seem to speak for themselves! I LOVE the taste, and taste is important when you do the training volume that I do!!
Keep up to date with Melanie on his whereabouts, training, weight-loss tips and competitions on her blog: